There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Lesbians Incorporated: Community Grants Round One 2020
Lesbians Incorporated (LInc) is a not-for-profit organisation in Australia that advocates for lesbians. Since 2000, Lesbians Inc has provided financial backing to lesbians and lesbian-friendly groups in Australia. LInc has established a Community Grants Program to give out $10,000 in grants (up to $1000 per grant) per round.
LInc grants for round one in 2020 will be open from 13 January - March 1st 2020. Recipients for round one grant submissions will be announced on the first of May 2020. No grant money will be paid out until grants are announced. Future grants will be available in 2020, please follow our social media for more information.
To be eligible for funding, projects must demonstrate that they:
- meet an identified social, cultural, educational, health, welfare, recreational, personal development or legal need of the lesbian community;
- target discrimination against lesbians and/or aim to improve the civil rights and/or status of lesbians within the general community;
- aim to improve the access of lesbians to programs, services, activities and opportunities available to the general community;
- aim to increase the vocational training and/or employment opportunities of lesbians.
Projects may aim to benefit the lesbian community in general or one or more groups within the lesbian community. Groups may be racial, cultural, geographic, or may have specific identified needs or shared interests and concerns. LInc considers the children of lesbians as part of the lesbian community.
WHO MAY APPLY?
Individual lesbians or lesbian based/lesbian friendly non profit organisations from throughout Australia are eligible to apply for funds. Applicants will need to demonstrate expertise or experience relevant to the project.
Grants are not available to assist businesses. Current members of the LInc Committee are ineligible for this program.
Eligible projects are those which reflect the objectives of the Community Grants Program and fall within a category appropriate to the funding program. Categories are:
- Literary, visual or performing arts activities or functions
- Social functions
- Classes or workshops
- Production of information or resources for educational or promotional purposes
- Support groups or services
- Advisory services
- Sporting and recreational activities or functions
- Other appropriate activities or services approved by LInc
Funds available under the Community Grants Program are limited. This means that not all applications for funding will be successful. Priority in funding will be given to projects which:
- clearly demonstrate how the project meets one or more of the program objectives
- have the potential for a range of positive outcomes for lesbians
- will benefit a wide range of lesbians or a specific population group of the lesbian community
- are likely to be successfully implemented
- make effective use of grant funds
Applications are particularly encouraged from lesbians who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, lesbians with disabilities, lesbians from non-English speaking backgrounds and lesbians in non-metropolitan communities.
Grants are available for up to $1000 per successful application.
CONDITIONS OF FUNDING
The provision of funds is conditional on the project being successfully undertaken. The nature or objectives of funded projects must not be altered in any way without the prior written consent of LInc. Failure to implement the project, or varying the nature or objectives of funded projects without consent, may result in applicants being required to return the grant. Successful applicants will be required to sign an undertaking agreeing to these conditions. LInc requests that grant recipients acknowledge our organisation as a funding source where appropriate.
USE OF FUNDS
Grant funds may be used for purposes such as:
- the purchase of relevant materials, resources or equipment
- hiring charges including hire of a venue
- printing or advertising costs
- transport costs
- fees charged for relevant services
- administrative costs (eg postage, photocopying)
- other appropriate purposes approved by LInc
Funds will generally not be provided for the payment of wages to individuals or organisations.
Decisions on funding applications will be made by the LINC Committee. Applicants who are unsuccessful may re-submit their proposal to future funding rounds.
Round 1: Will open January 13th; submissions will close March 1st 2020. With recipients being announced by May 1st 2020
Round 2: Will open Monday 13 July; submissions will close September 1st 2020. With recipients being announced by Monday November 2nd 2020
Note that no grant monies are dispersed before the announcement dates as listed above.